Friday, October 01, 2004

A quarter century of Capablanca v Alekhine

I just bought a new book on Capablanca's games (volume 1 and volume 2), so I will be updating my entries on the Capablanca-Alekhine rivalry. Rather than reposting all of them, I thought I'd just create this entry linking to all of them and just leave the posts where they are.

Capablanca-Alekhine, Saint Petersburg Match 1913 (Capa)
Alekhine-Capablanca, Saint Petersburg Match 1913 (Capa)
Alekhine-Capablanca, Saint Petersburg Preliminary Tournament 1914 (Capa)
Capablanca v Alekhine, Saint Petersburg Final Tournament 1914 (two games) (1 Capa win, 1 draw)
Alekhine-Capablanca, London 1922 (draw)
Capablanca-Alekhine, New York 1924 (draw)
Alekhine-Capablanca, New York 1924 (draw)
Capablanca v Alekhine, New York 1927 (four games) (1 Capa win, 3 draws)
Capablanca-Alekhine, Nottingham 1936 (Capa)
Capablanca-Alekhine, AVRO 1938 (draw)
Alekhine-Capablanca, AVRO 1938 (Alekhine)

No comments: